The Germantown Baseball League is a premier athletic program where young athletes learn baseball and softball skills through team sports. The GBL emphasizes character building, sportsmanship, healthy competition, and positive coaching as a part of a family friendly and safe community.
The GBL has been an integral part in the development of thousands of young athletes over the years, and we want to continue to have a positive effect on the youth in our community.
As parents and coaches, we have a responsibility to always be mission appropriate and kid centered. GBL strongly supports the Positive Coaching and Parents Alliance (PCPA), an initiative to reinforce our commitment to provide a supportive and enriching experience for ALL kids who participate in baseball and softball in GBL. But it only works with your help! Our PCPA policy requires that all parents and coaches pledge to uphold our commitment to:
- Honor the game by always respecting coaches, umpires and officials, league directors and other volunteers, and your fellow parents.
- Be a team player by always being on time to practices and games, and helping out where necessary.
- Always provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to our children, while refraining from expressing negative comments about their play, the officiating, or other participants.
- Work to build the confidence and develop the character of all the kids by supporting good sportsmanship, teamwork, and effort, regardless of ability.
- Realize that we have an ongoing obligation to be positive role models for our young athletes. Remember, kids are always watching!
With your help, GBL will continue to provide our families and children with great experiences, characterized by healthy and balanced competition in a positive, supportive setting.
Thank you for your pledge to support the ideals of the PCPA!